Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed May 12 11:32:06 2004

At 09:25 AM 5/12/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>Well said Henning.
>I am staunchly on your side and Philippe's,
>and opposite of B.D., Mark, and others'.
>To say that the image in itself looses its power
>because it is staged, (which it is not) is like
>saying a story is not good because it is fiction.
>Do you guys only watch movies "based on a true
>story" ?

But, Phong, to write fiction and pass it off as true would be just as wrong
as staging a documentary photograph.  That's how several journalists have
gotten in trouble lately.  There should be a definite line between truth
and fiction in writing just as there should be between staged and
documentary photographs.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com