Subject: [Leica] Best known photo ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 11 14:06:28 2004

Bob Cole offered:
> This 1936 photograph, by Robert Capa of a Spanish soldier at the moment of
> death during the Spanish Civil War, was taken, I believe, with a Leica and
is
> regarded among the great photograph of all time. -- bob cole<,

Hi Bob,
it's also considered a fake and taken during a training exercise some time
earlier and not during actual battle conditions.

However, I believe the only person capable of telling us if it is or isn't,
is no longer with us, Robert Capa. And considering the mythology built
around his work he'd not likely change the story that it actually was the
moment the soldier was shot.

ted