Subject: [Leica] used photo books.
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Mon May 10 12:07:54 2004

Ted and Tina:

I bought the 1936 and 1940 issues, both spiral bound, and the hard bound
1945 issue about two months ago. I'm still looking for more of them.

They are as you described Tina, and are great windows into those times,
both photographically and literally.

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com

Tina Manley wrote:

> At 07:12 AM 5/9/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>> This isn't off topic because it's about used photography books. You know
>> from yesteryear when the world was all film and Buck Rogers was a space
>> cowboy.
>>
>> ted
>

> I bought a very interesting old photography book in a used book store.
> "U.S. Camera - 1943" - I assume it's the annual issue from US Camera
> magazine - 228 pages of black and white photos, each giving the camera,
> film, and exposure details for many well-known and not-so-well-known
> photographers of the time. Everything from Leicas and Rolleiflexes to
> Speed Graphics and 8x10 view cameras.  There are also about 50 pages of
> ads in the back, all from 1943.
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP
> www.tinamanley.com

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] used photo books.)