Subject: [Leica] Colour to B/W plug-in
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon May 10 05:36:43 2004

Do NOT, do NOT, do the straight image-mode-grayscale push. At worst, use
the built-in Channel-Mixer monochrome action in actions, if it's there
in Elements, or, far, far better, invest about $29 and buy the Fred
Mirand BW Pro actions set. Yes, you can do all the adjustments in
Channel-Mixer by yourself, but save yourself some time and grief and get
the FredMiranda action. Once you're used to the look, and comfortable
with Photoshop, you can start playing around with the channel mixer
through the Fred Miranda plug-in, which allows you to do-it-yourself if
you want to. But the grayscale mode switch just doesn't provide a real
bw look.

B. D.