Subject: [Leica] Susan Meiselas in Chicago
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Robert Palmieri)
Date: Sun May 9 22:32:21 2004

Folks -

Somehow lost track of George Lottermoser's post so I don't recall if he
mentioned the Susan Meiselas exhibit here in Chicago at the Daiter
Gallery.  Saw the stuff (from the "Carnival Strippers" and "Pandora's
Box" books); really great.  Some of the reason that 35mm Leica-style
shooting was invented, in my opinion.

Spent a good deal of time talking with her at a brunch given in her
honor; she impressed me as one of the most straightforward and
clearheaded artists I've met in quite some time.  If any of you have the
opportunity (don't know how long her exhibit will be here) I highly
recommend a visit.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Susan Meiselas in Chicago)