Subject: [Leica] A Runner's eye view of the Boston Marathon
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun May 9 16:53:47 2004

On Sunday, May 9, 2004 Don Dory thoughtfully wrote:

>B.D.,
>It's funny how perceptions vary.  I found the marathon essay pedantic
>and uninspired: nothing revealing to me in the essay about running,
>exhaustion, pushing on.  Obviously, others have a 180.
>
>However, http://web.mit.edu/zrich/www/project/index.htm is an incredible
>essay.  Someone like I have never known is revealed with words and in
>images that entirely describe the subject in visual terms.  This student
>needs to be moved to head of the line.
>
>0.02
>
>Don
>dorysrus@mindspring.com

WOW - I'm totally in agreement with you, Don. I find myself in a very complex
space - is this a true. Is this narrative real. If so I have a tremdous
compassion for this young man and hope that he both seeks and receives
treatment.

If this is not a real story then it is a wonderful work of fiction that made
something achingly real for me.

I absolutely concur with your assessment, Don. I believe the author of this
piece made his own journey and took us along a path of almost fractal
complexity. I've gone back through the site and knowing the end it plays
differently, and better. If it were an art exhibit I'd find myself wanting to
experience it non-linearly after the first linear exposure.

I find myself wanting to meet both people. Although I'm wondering if it's just
one person both teller and subject. I may well work that way also.

I delight in ambiguity. There is much to find delightful here.

Next stop: Wonderland.

Adam

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] A Runner's eye view of the Boston Marathon)