Subject: [Leica] Mystery Telesar viewfinder
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun May 9 13:41:59 2004

Thanks, Karen.  That could very well be.  It doesn't explain why the
proportions are a bit "off," but with these third-party accessories, who knows?

Anyway, it's got decent eye relief, and the outer frame is close enough to
35mm.  It shows a little less the actual view, which is better than a
little more!  I think I'll just put it in my bag for use when I'm not
wearing my contacts and need to use a 35mm lens with glasses.

Here's a couple of quick-'n-dirty digishots for Sonny and others who might
be curious.  It looks kind of nice on a black "M," doesn't it?

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/TelesarVF4.jpg

Detail shots:

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/TelesarVF1.jpg
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/TelesarVF2.jpg
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/TelesarVF3.jpg

Incidentally, I picked the VF up hoping to have a 50mm finder for my Zorki
4, which is impossible with glasses.  So it won't work for that, but will
for something equally useful.  Not bad for 10 dollars.  I also acquired,
for similar money, a near-mint Industar-61 L/D, which is essentially a
Russian Tessar with Lanthanum glass--kind of a poor man's red-scale
Elmar.  Focuses spot-on at infinity with the Zorki RF, and like my J-8, a
bit short on the Leicas.  Can't wait to try it.

And is it my imagination, or is your Yashica with lens adapter shaped
suspiciously like a Digilux 2?  Those electronic Yashicas were fine-looking
gadgets. :-)

--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA