Subject: [Leica] A Runner's eye view of the Boston Marathon
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun May 9 09:22:54 2004

Well, Adam, I guess we all see things differently.
In the first place, I don't know about you, but I don't expect to see a
race shot from the race. I also think there are quite a few good images
- we're not talking Sports Illustrated here; we're talking about the
work of someone who was new to photography. And who, in my view,
produced a body of work up to the standards of most small daily papers,
and virtually all weeklies. And that's pretty good for a rank beginner
who was running 26.2 miles while shooting.
As to the fact that she wasn't registered - what the hell does that have
to do with anything? She ran the Boston Marathon; beyond that, so what?
:-)

B. D.