Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 18: Feria de Abril
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 8 15:27:46 2004

Hmmm, I know that you are telling a story, and I love this whole set, but
alt6 oughta be the PAW.  great shot.
Sonny
--------------------
In a message dated 5/8/2004 5:12:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
n.wajsman@chello.nl writes:

Seville  has two big events in April: the Easter processions (see my PAW
16) and,  two weeks later, the Feria. Literally it means "fair" as in the
county  fairs one sees in the US and some European countries. However,
the Seville  version has long ago discarded any agricultural connections,
so today's  Feria is a week-long orgy of eating, drinking and dancing. It
is a very  colorful event, but I have chosen to present only B&W pictures
for now;  I will put up a gallery dedicated to the Feria, which will have
color shots  as well.

First, a shot of the main entrance. Flamenco dresses are de  rigeur:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18.jpg

This is what  people do at the Feria. They dance  flamenco:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt1.jpg

They  meet  friends:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt2.jpg

They  discuss important issues such as  football:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt3.jpg

...and  come to some sort of agreement, once suitably  lubricated:
http://www.nahanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt4.jpg

There  are also silly games with equally silly prizes. Here is one winner
who does  not seem to know what to do with his  loot:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt5.jpg

And  finally...all this partying takes its toll, as seen on this  couple
returning from festivities around 8  a.m.:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_18alt6.jpg

All  pictures with Leica CL, 25mm Snapshot Skopar or 40mm Rokkor as noted
on the  PAW index page, on Fuji Neopan 1600 except the last one, which is
on Tri-X.

The complete PAW index is  at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2004.html
and comments/critique  are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan  Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands