Subject: [Leica] Re: Ten years behind? I think not
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Felix Lopez de Maturana)
Date: Sat May 8 03:58:46 2004

>Hi Felix,
>
>Why not post here what you like and/or dislike about the R8?
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

I'll try with pleasure, Greg

Pros

- Without any doubt the outstanding quality of some lenses, everyone has his
choices, and ,therefore, of the images that the camera produces,
- The quality of the building construction, hoever the quality launching
problems. Mine works flawlessly,
- The simplicity. No hesitation if you are in hurry, you find quick the dial
you need.
- The finder, due to quality of pentaprism and screen, is clear and
contrasty however has a not neutra color rendition
- The shape that mades easy the handling
- The well designed lever for EV correction without keeping out your eye
from finder
- The small and practical winder

Cons

- Size and weight for a non motorized, non autofocus camera
- Lack of autofocus. I know this is a personal opinion but I'm so used from
my first EOS 620 to point and focus, press the button, memorize and
recompose that I miss this feature.
- The price of lenses. I know that you must pay if you wish the quality but
Car Zeiss lenses are cheaper for the Contax -excepting the biggest teles-
not to speak about Canon/Nikon that if, generally speaking may be behind
they are muvh better in performasnces/prize ratio. In my humble opinion
nothing beats the Contax G performances/price in non reflex cameras and a
combo Aria/Contax lenses in manual focusing. The defeat of Kyocera is a true
catastrophe. In autofocus t6here are lots for a right choice with lenses
that if not outstanding are fairly good,
- Just oner body?. Why not a choice with something smaller, lighter ? la
Aria in Contax?
- The future. I don't fear about my Canon equipment neither film nor digital

Kind regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Kyocera - Was Ten years behind? I think not)