Subject: [Leica] There is more to light than how bright it is...
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu May 6 18:05:37 2004

In my books colour is simply an order of magnitude or two harder than
b&w. That is not to say b&w is easy but shades of grey do not go out of
date (oh my god 18% grey is oh so yesterday). Colour is subject to
current and future colour preferences. It is very difficult to make a
colour photo that truly lasts. As Ted says you see the clothes: the
colour that was so hot last year, decade, etc. Colour can be very
successful when it is the subject or part of the subject of the photo
(I could name a few names but I don't want to start those pots boiling
again). Even in nature photography fashions change. Right now
hyper-colour is in fashion but it wasn't always so and it won't be
forever.

John Collier

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] There is more to light than how bright it is...)