Subject: [Leica] Two sets of aperture blades?
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Tue May 4 11:29:28 2004

Karen

It sounds like you have not had enough of that Irish Malt stuff, that
everyone here seems to consume in large amounts. ;-)

I know I'm going to get dumped on for not remembering how to spell the name
of this drink. ;-0

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>               |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/04/2004 12:55 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] Two sets of aperture blades?                                    |

OK, am I on drugs or does Leica use two sets of aperture blades? It
seems on many of my lenses, that looking from the front, there is one
set (main set?) that closes down, but from the rear, there's another
set that gradually closes down and catches up at f/22 or so. It's
very odd.

Is this to smooth out bokeh? Or am I seeing an illusion?

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura