Subject: [Leica] Kodak BW400CN
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon May 3 19:18:47 2004

Jeffery Smith said:

> I've all but given up on scanning silver halide films. I have some APX
> 100 drying now. Wish me luck.<<<<<

Gee Jeffery,
As much as I often want to destroy my Polaroid Sprintscan scanner because it
selects the wrong neg so often, it is a wonderful scanner with any film when
it's working right.

Heck I scan tri-x 400 shot at 800 and make 13 X 19 size B&W prints that
people drool over at the quality of reproduction, along with any other B&W
films.

What's your problem?

If anything probably the scanner. Not that I'd recommend a Polaroid
Sprintscan scanner only because it creates more grief than it's worth when
you're in a hurry and sometimes must insert the same neg a half dozen times
before the machine finally locks on the right neg to be scanned.

I might also mention this is the 4th Sprintscan I've had as Polaroid have
exchanged them hopefully to get one that would work correctly for any
reasonable amount of time.

But I've never had any problem with the look or the quality of B&W film
scanned for big prints. Including those for permanent exhibitions in
Galleries or as office decor.

ted

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Kodak BW400CN)
Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Kodak BW400CN)