Subject: [Leica] LUG Gallery additions
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon May 3 10:28:46 2004

About this low score thing on photo.net:

I have the strong impression that the average photographer on phot.net likes
the typical-already-a-1000-times-shot and seen-pictures (flowers, sunsets,
sunrises, kids, a certain kind of nudes, ...)

As a consequence, everything that stands
(technically/creatively/artisticly/...) out is punished with lower scores.
(Which does not mean that everything that gets high scores is clich?,
either).

A good indication can be found by clicking on the names of those that gave a
low score: most of the time their own images speak for themselves. There are
even a few guys out there that do not post any work of themselves, but
consequently give low marks.

IMO the only scores that are to be taken into account, are those of people
that really make good stuff themselves.

Which leads to the question: what is good stuff?

Anyway. Graham, take those low scores as a compliment: they prove that
you're way above average.

---