Subject: [Leica] Leica CL or Konica Hexar AF?
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (n.wajsman@chello.nl)
Date: Mon May 3 01:04:30 2004

Tim,

You have already received a lot of good advice, here are my 2 ? cents:

I did own a Hexar once upon a time. It is a nice camera, but had three limitations compared to the CL:
- top shutter speed of 1/250--seriously limiting if you find yourself outside with Tri-X in the camera on a sunny day (the CL goes up to 1/1000)
- fixed lens (the CL obviously accepts almost all M lenses)
- battery dependence--with a dead battery the Hexar is dead, with the CL you just lose the metering

On the plus side, the Hexar lens is very good, and of course the Hexar has autofocus which you may or may not consider an advantage.

My personal choice is the CL (or, rather, two CLs).

Nathan