Subject: [Leica] PAW 18 dlridings
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat May 1 15:02:41 2004

On Saturday, May 1, 2004 Daniel Ridings thoughtfully wrote:

>The First of May has been tainted by ... certain preoccupations in the
>past in North America. Here it's workers' day. A day of celebration,
>mostly for the older. The older who knew harder times, who more or less
>lived under serfdom (as late as the 40'ies), banded together and in the
>name of solidarity and social justice and dignity created a better society
>for their children ... who could care less.

I don't know what preoccupations you're discussing? May Day? Dancing around May
Poles...but that English. Not the Derby. Hmmm....oh well.

Cinco De Mayo is always fun and in California it's becoming a bigger and bigger
deal as the ethnic mix shifts, which definately makes my local area a much more
interesting place.

I enjoyed your images - sure looks a bit chilly though!