Subject: [Leica] Re: Photo Village's move is a good sign
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 13:53:38 2004

    I am not yet familiar with PhotoVillage but anybody who spends a year --
and what must be lots of money -- to airfreight four TONS of camera stuff from
Paris to New York and then commits himself to what must be a serious
investment in Manhattan must have confidence in the strength of the traditional camera
market -- regardless of all the talk on the LUG site about digital cameras.
   The digital world is upon us, of course, but by coincidence I was talking
today with a Leica dealer in Wisconsin who remarked that digital cd's and
photographs both have a life span of just a few years while traditional photos
have already have had a life span of well over a century. This Photo Village
investment in the future does not assure us that Leica as a company will survive
-- as some skeptics doubt --but it surely makes me feel that somebody knows
something. -- bob cole

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re: Photo Village's move is a good sign)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Photo Village's move is a good sign)