Subject: [Leica] RE: Mark Rabinor and his wonderful new exposure mode
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Apr 29 19:49:37 2004

Felix,
You are exactly correct that most if not all of the P&S digicams have an
"auto" setting for film speed.  My problem with that is that I can not
lock in a specific shutter and aperture that is meaningful for exposure.
In manual, the ISO doesn't change to give me a correct exposure.

What I was interpreting Mark to suggest is that just as in "aperture
priority" the aperture and ISO are fixed with the shutter speed
floating: in ISO priority, I can fix the shutter speed and aperture and
the ISO floats within the limits of the camera to hold the same
exposure.  You would need some mapping of the chip to take care of
non-linearity issues; but the ability to hold a specific exposure with
viewfinder information regarding the ISO would be extremely valuable to
me in some specific photographic occasions.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com