Subject: [Leica] Trying to open the back on my m6
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 08:43:59 2004

Kyle

Not to despair, I recently, (last week), had the same experience with my
Nikon F-3.  Kat had color film in her camera and needed to have a camera
with B&W in it for her photo class.  So I figured I'd let her use my F-3
sitting down in the basement in its bag collecting dust on my desk - Took
me 10 minutes to figure out how to open the back to put film in it.  Quite
embarrassing.  I also had to take the motordrive off as the rewind sequence
with the motor on is quite complicated to the uninitiated. ;-)

Gene

So, the other day, I'm cleaning up some camera stuff off of tables and
whatnot and under a pile of papers, there's my m6. "wow" I think, "I love
this camera. Maybe I'll put some film in it". So I yank up on the rewind
knob and the back doesn't pop open. I yank upwards on the rewind knob
again,
and the back doesn't open. I scratch my head, look along the side to see if
there's a lever I've forgotten about that makes the back pop open. Then, I
notice that there's no hinge on the other side for the back to even pop
open. "wtf", I think, "I must have gotten the back open before, because
I've
taken pictures with it."

It was a few minutes before I remembered to look on the bottom of the
camera.

Sheesh. At least I wasn't trying to ram a CF card into it....

Kc