Subject: [Leica] That's it, I'm throwing my cameras in the river
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed Apr 28 13:36:31 2004

B.D.,

That is only partially true, and I suppose
more so for "photographers".  The majority
of the people who take photos are not
photographers.  They just want a snapshot
of someone, or something that interest
them.  Even I do this sometimes, though
I would never show the result to another
photographer, especially on the LUG.  :-)

Anyway, your story raises and answers
the question of why your student takes
that photo.  It does not address why
she chose that photo to show.  Clearly,
if it does not fit her project, or the story
she wants to tell, it would not be included,
no matter how great the photo is.  Otherwise
you would flunk her, wouldn't you ?   :-)

- Phong

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at mit.edu (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] That's it, I'm throwing my cameras in the river)