Subject: [Leica] That's it, I'm throwing my cameras in the river
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Wed Apr 28 07:01:58 2004

| >> Edward Weston's peppers or Paul
| >
| > Given that both of them died 45 years ago, I think you must be a
very
| > threatening guy.
| >
| snip
|

| And had either of them been alive anywhere near this end of the
century I
| doubt they'd be much threatened by one or two of MY little gems.
| ... But maybe if I started shooting 8x10.
| ... With a built in rangefinder....
|
| ... A Jupiterian Leica!
|
| I'll try to get Peter Gowland to get together and have a meeting with
Herr
| Cohen and see what they can come up with.
|
| And the handgrips will double as pontoons!
|
| Mark Rabiner
| Photography
| Portland Oregon
|

| New-improved
| http://rabinergroup.com/

Still that is a nice thing that you mentioned that we feel threatened by
somebody elses expertise .
An old remnant from our reptilian days probably.
Still whatever the cause whenever one feels threatened it makes sense to
explore why and take action.
And remove either the thread or the mechanism that caused the false
warning.
In this case one could question ones motive to photograph at all.Apart
from making a living .
interesting thanks
simon

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] That's it, I'm throwing my cameras in the river)