Subject: [Leica] The sad state of leica cameras
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Mon Apr 26 12:51:37 2004

This is a nice development .The owners of our cameras admitting them to
be mere relics of days past.
Great let all join in the luxury of total control with large arrays and
supercomputing PS 119
Let film and it,s users hibernate and devellop quitely somewhere in some
forgotten corner.
It wont be long before the look we maybe take for granted is not known
anymore to the masses.
Then the time will be perfect for a revival .
Now how do i make a darkroom?
Using high speed tape to fill cracks there has to be a cheaper way.
simon
p.s. what war?

| Probably not. Because the sad reality is that the Leica was killed by
| the Nikon F and the evolution of the SLR. Yes, some enlightened folks
| kept using rangefinders, but the rangefinder ceased to be the prime PJ
| camera. And from that point forward the M became more and more of a
| hobbyist's camera.
|
| That's not to say that there aren't hobbyists who are brilliant
| photographers, nor is it to say that there weren't, and aren't pros
who
| continued to use Leica Ms...but if there was a meteor, it was the
modern
| SLR, with instant return mirror, auto-diaphragm lenses, and shortly
| there after, ttl metering. And THEN came built-in motors, etc. etc.
etc.
| And THEN came digital...But by the time digital became real, the war
was
| long lost. :-)
|
| B. D.

Of