Subject: [Leica] The LUG Has Been Conquereded by...FANATICS!
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Apr 21 08:51:48 2004

>I am roasting my own coffee and bought the raw beans from a local roaster
>here in Atlanta.  The guy that used to run the roaster
>(http://www.partnerscoffee.com/coffee-links.htm) taught me a lot about
>coffee.  Unfortunately last week my roaster (Alpenr?t) went kaput.  Went
>back to roasting in an open pan which is a little bit hard to control.

Roasting in a popcorn popper is much easier to control. You can shut
off some of the vents on the bottom to control air velocity (and thus
temperature).  I can get pretty accurate with my popcorn popper,
certainly much better than I did with my dedicated IC controlled
roaster (which killed itself).

Check:  www.sweetmarias.com  for more information on roasting yourself.

Karen

--