Subject: [Leica] Lens shade Summicron 2/50
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Mon Apr 19 12:37:27 2004

I too have a non-functional lens cap on my 50/2 Summicron (the "spring" is
not made of metal, but rather some not-very-springy plastic that bends
without popping back.

If you find a suitable replacement, let me know. for now, I'm using a
threaded (usually crossthreaded) metal cap, and am getting some "decisive
aftermaths" with that lens on my camera.

Jeffery