Subject: [Leica] Lens shade Summicron 2/50
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Mon Apr 19 09:25:19 2004

>I agree the 12585 hood is excellent.  I bought one thinking I could use it
>with my latest style 50 Summicron.  WRONG!!  Won't fit and Leica tells me
>the lens cannot be modified economically to use it.  BUMMER!!

I have the 12585 on my DR Summicron 50 and agree it's excellent. I
wish I could use it on my Summicron 50 (latest) but the Leitz gods
will not have it.

I also have the 12583 (plastic) on my 35mm Summicron (pre-asph). It's
nice and compact and I don't mind the plasticness. I thought of
attaching the 12585 but it would make the lens considerably bigger.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts) ([Leica] Lens shade Summicron 2/50)