Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: PAW in Memory of Steve LeHuray
From: furcafe at yahoo.com (Chris Chen)
Date: Mon Apr 19 07:21:56 2004

I remember that evening well.  It took about 30
minutes for me to fall asleep!

--------------

From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW in Memory of Steve LeHuray

I went with him and Chris Chen to the "Open City"
gallery in D.C.
There
was a 2-hour lecture on SP, and the speaker was a
soft-spoken,
phlegmatic
type. Within 10 minutes, Steve was sound asleep in the
seat next to me.

Jeffery

At 09:00 AM 4/18/2004, you wrote:
>Thanks for posting this, Jim.  I met Steve once...at
the LUG gathering
in
>Washington DC back, I believe, in January of 2002.  I
remember him
>well...I think he'd also enjoy an interesting series
on the SPEED
Channel
>called Victory by Design.  The series covers the
development of
original
>sports and racing automobiles from the early 20th
century and includes
>Ferrari, Jaguar, Maserati,etc....Now, I will think of
Steve whenever I
see
>the program.
>
>Robert
>
>Jim Shulman wrote:
>
>>Many of us had the great pleasure of knowing the
late LUG member
Steve
>>LeHuray, whose untimely passing last year was a
great shock to all on
this
>>list.
>>
>>Steve was more than a Leicaphile and
cinematographer; he was also an
>>enthusiastic fan of British sports cars.
>>
>>So, I waited until the first really wonderful day of
Springtime for
my
>>tribute photo.  I urged a friend with a really
beautiful (and totally
>>original) 1966 Jaguar XKE to go out for a spin on
some winding
country
>>roads.
>>
>>Snapped this from the shotgun seat at about fifty
miles an hour.

>>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2291516&size=lg
>>
>>Springtime in a Jaguar with a Leica.  Goodnight,
Steve, wherever you
are.