Subject: [Leica] New pics - Noct and 135 Elmarit
From: mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Sun Apr 18 06:12:41 2004

Just posted these pics, taken last weekend.

The first one was taken with the goggled 135 Elmarit:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ssgc/Easter/easter_img_0001.htm
MP, 135 Elmarit, f/2.8@1/50th, bounce flash, E100GX

The second was taken with the Noct:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ssgc/Easter/easter_img_0001.htm
MP, Noct, f/1.0@1/50th, 2x ND filter, bounce flash, E100GX

There was a time when I thought I would only be able to use an M7 for candid
portrait shots, but I'm finding the MP can be used successfully with a
bounced Nikon Speedlight SB-28, so long as you use care and the built-in
metering of the flash (the manual setting of 1/64th power output is still
too harsh, so the auto settings prevail).  You may also use ND filters to
open up the lens for less DOF, but everything has to correspond with the
flash settings (i.e., f/2.0 w/100 speed film).  I also find the pop-up white
card on the flash delivers too much glare.

======================================
The rest are existing light, taken in the early morning of a rainy day with
the Noctilux:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ssgc/Easter/index.htm
MP, Noct, f/1.0@varied speeds, E100GX

I love the spring flowers and Virginia Blue Bells have become my symbol of
the new season.  I MUST look for them every year now and take photos!

One item of note; I've found a hand meter delivers better exposed chromes
than the built in meter of the MP, at least for landscapes.  For candid
portraits, I only use a hand meter if the subject is fairly static,
otherwise I fall back on the MP meter.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

/Mitch [o?]