Subject: [Leica] in search of a portrait f2 90
From: daniel_ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Apr 16 23:43:09 2004

I use the 90/2.0 Summicron (rangefinder) for portraits when
the lens comes along as a "me too".

When I travel, I don't like to carry two systems, so it's
the Leicas (usually) or the Nikons (F3's) if I think I'll
need longer focal lengths.

Given the choice, with both of them available, I would
probably go for the 85/2.0 Nikkor. It is a beauty.

I think portraits can be other things than
head-and-shoulders, so the 24, 35 and 50 work pretty well
too. Wish I had a 24 for the Leicas, but the 24 Nikkor works
just fine.

There is a disadvantage to the 90/2.0 old Summicron:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dlridings/image-64024.html

It will flare at you even from the reflection of light on a
newspaper on the table. I took that one just last week at
the breakfast table when an old friend visited.

Daniel