Subject: [Leica] Re: coffee (WAS: Tea in England)
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Fri Apr 16 17:31:34 2004

| On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 16:10, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
| > Just to make y'all envious: when I am in Seville (every week) I get
| > cup of coffee for 80 Euro cents which beats anything I have ever
tasted
| > at any Starbucks or other yuppified coffee shop. I do spend more on
| > coffee when I am in New York or London, since the native stuff there
is
| > awful.
| > Nathan
|
| Starbucks makes some of the worst coffee on the planet and it costs an
| arm and a leg to boot. Sometimes I think I should just go in there and
ask the guy
| behind the counter to simply kick me in the shins for the same amount
of money.
| Would be just about as enjoyable. I also really dislike how they have
run all
| of the small local coffee shops out of business. A Starbucks store has
about as much
| personality as a damp cardboard box. Feels like sitting in a cooperate
cafeteria.
| Believe it or not 7-11 actually makes a pretty good, drinkable cup of
coffee.
| Some of the better coffee I've recently had was from a catering truck
that served
| a roast from the New Hall Roasting Company, which I subsequently
stumbled across
| at Costco...
|

| Feli

But the starbuck coffe does contain some caffeine.
I remember a televised speech by it,s chairman telling his employees.
Remember people we are in the drug business our customers are addicts
our product is caffeine.
Taste is not necessary.
simon jessurun
p.s. drinks that people perceive to be strong like italian ristretto
actually contain less caffeine then regular coffee

Message from gwpics at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Tea in England)
Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Tea in England)
Message from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: coffee (WAS: Tea in England))
Message from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Re: coffee (WAS: Tea in England))