Subject: [Leica] Slides the cat has gone to kitty heaven
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Wed Apr 14 16:56:21 2004

Mark,

I feel your pain...and send my condolences. Slides was a lucky cat to
have had you. That forehead thing makes me sad. Reminds me of  when I
was a much younger girl and my parents bought a little white toy poodle
puppy named Clancy. She used to sleep in my bed, on my pillow curled
around the crown of my head like a pair of earmuffs that didn't quite
fit. At 14 weeks she was run over by a bicyclist and killed. It was one
of the saddest things I've ever seen.

I now have 3 toy poodles, all chocolate and the loves of my life. As I
type this I can hear, from the kitchen, my newest litter of puppies
crying for attention...they are 5 week old boys, both chocolate and both
gorgeous. Soon they will go to new homes but for now they are mine.

Where would we be without our pets?
Lea