Subject: [Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's.. Now: upgrade
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Apr 14 12:08:25 2004

Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> wrote:

> In that case may I suggest the 90mm Summicron-R.  I don't see how a 90mm
> APO-Summicron-R ASPH can be much sharper.
>
> Jim - http://www.hemenway.com
>
>eric korenman wrote:
>
>> NAW- gimme sharp sharp sharp!
>>
>> Eric

As much as I like the 90mm Summicron-R - and I think it's a superb portrait lens - if Eric wants sharp sharp sharp the non-APO 90 doesn't have the same mind-boggling detail-recording ability of the APO lenses, based on my experience with the 100 APO.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's.. Now: upgrade)