Subject: [Leica] Belt-mountable lens carriers
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Apr 13 16:15:05 2004

It's great to go out photographing without a camera bag.  Camera on the
shoulder, one lens on the camera, another lens or two in the pants
pockets, and maybe my flat Digital Luna Pro in the shirt pocket. This does
lead to bulging pockets, however.

Over the weekend I bought a belt-mounted cellular phone case. It's made
out of that stretchy neoprene "wet suit" material. It forms a tube about
2.5" diameter by 6" long, making it a great case for a 35 and 50
Summicron. I mount the lenses on two rear lens caps glued together back to
back, and drop them into the tube. The hoods just barely fit, but it
works.

What I don't like is that the top flap doesn't close off the whole top,
and the belt clip lock sticks into my hip, so I'm thinking of
alternatives.

Are there such things as small neoprene or padded nylon lens case with
belt loops?  I could use a couple of those and be all set.  Of course, it
doesn't have to be called a lens case--and if it isn't, it will probably
be cheaper.  :-)

Thanks,
--Peter

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] Belt-mountable lens carriers)