Subject: [Leica] a new one
From: dcm at pobox.com (David Mason)
Date: Mon Apr 12 13:29:17 2004

Philippe Orlent wrote:

> I made the ashtray series. And I smoke.
> And I know smoking kills. And you don't have to try to convince me to stop.
> However, when I smoke, and if in presence of others, I always ask if it
> bothers them. And if it does, I just don't smoke.

Do you go up to non-smokers in a bar or restaurant and ask if its ok? If
they say no, do you ask all the other smokers to stop?

I could care less if you smoke, but 1) I don't want to pay for your
medical bills when the cigarettes come back up to greet you (if you have
health insurance, I will) and 2) I don't want my asthma to explode
simply because I want to enjoy a bar or restaurant that you, or another
smoker, happens to be smoking in.

This is the crux of the argument for me. Its not about trying to curb
your right to smoke, its more to enjoy my right to breathe.

Dave

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] a new one)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] a new one)