Subject: [Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Apr 12 09:51:00 2004

Karen Nakamura wrote:

> What I like about the Leica M series is that I'm seeing the world,
> not the world projected onto a frosty piece of glass, or worse, on a
> small TV screen.

Amen, amen, and amen.

The frosty glass is OK sometimes, when its advantages come into play for
exact composition, long lenses, etc. The TV screen is pretty lame.

I've thought for years that an LCD matrix projecting framelines into a
Leica M viewfinder was a viable way to go.  The correct distance
field-of-view and focal length could easily by determined by the focus cam
and the lens mount.

LCD framelines could also work for a Digilux-style camera, using the
electronics that tells the camera what focal length and focus distance is
set. Couple this with, say, a manually controlled viewfinder magnifier,
and you'd have a sweet little system.

Unfortunately, it would only appeal to people like us--niche market.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Pt Three of Digilux 2 posted)