Subject: [Leica] a new one OT alert... On the lighter side. ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Apr 11 16:10:13 2004

On the lighter side. ;-)

While on a Hollywood movie promotion assignment some years back an
interesting "smoking situation occurred." ;-)

As some of you know, when you see the smoke filled bar room scene it isn't
really "tobacco smoke" because to attain the volume for a movie scene the
undertakers would be making a fortune carting off the smoke filled bodies
for the volume required.

"Safety hazards a side" the grips whatever who do all the scene set-ups some
how got "smoke generating oils" mixed up to the extent that. When we'd,
actors, still photog and others involved on the set had spent a couple of
days working in the "environmentally unfriendly scene filled with phoney
smoke from the oil smoke generators" it was discovered everything had to be
shut down for a couple of days while we?????????  ;-) You'll love it!

All got over diarrhoea we encountered due to the "wrong oil being used in
the smoke generators and inhaling the stuff in all day!" Man it was
incredible! :-(

As I was never a smoker it kind of put a perspective on what happens to yer
guts and lungs when yer a tobacco smoker! ;-) Like it was, to say
impolitely... "shit heaven" everywhere for most of the crew during several
days until it flushed itself out of our systems!!

There where a couple of "grips fired" and several others wrung out over the
"Oil smoke" screw-up. But after that was straightened out we went back to
the "normal routine! " ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] a new one OT alert... On the lighter side. ;-))
Message from sam at osheaven.net (Sam) ([Leica] a new one OT alert...)