Subject: [Leica] film choice
From: allan_yates at yahoo.com (allan yates)
Date: Sun Apr 11 13:26:05 2004

Nathan,
Thanks for your reply.  I will be spending 10 days in Tuscany, then on to Switzerland for another 10 days.  At this point, I am thinking of Fuji Acros 100 and/or Delta 400 for B&W work.  I will be taknig a 2 1/4 kit to do color work (Fuji Velvia 50).  My MP will be loaded with B&W for people/street shooting.

Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> wrote:
Allan,

You do not mention where in Europe you are going. If you are going to
southern Europe, where you can expect lots of sunshine, then a 100 film
will be best (my own preference is Fuji Acros). If on the other hand you
are heading to the UK or northern Europe, then you can expect a fair
amount of cloud and rain, in which case Tri-X or Delta 400 will be
better. I personally prefer Tri-X, I find the Delta 400 to be too
contrasty and too sensitive to small exposure errors.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands