Subject: [Leica] OT should i become a paypal premier seller?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Apr 11 06:39:28 2004

Off Topic!

i know a lot of you sell thru *bay and take paypal.  is it
worth becoming a premier member, because i believe it's the
only way you can accept credit cards.  as a buyer, i always
prefer sales that  take paypal and credit card is my favorite
way of paying.  i think it works out to paypal taking out just
under 3% of every sale.  *bay takes another 5.25% of the 1st
$25, 2.75% up to $1,000 and %1.50 above that.  and they charge
for extra pictures, get a peice of your initial bid and/or
reserve--no wonder the stock is doing so well!

i was going to try to see some old quartz (yuck!!) tag heuer
1000 series diving watches, boxes, links, papers, figured i
could get something  like $200 each, so my costs would end up
about $12-15 each. and i have to pay $50 to replace the battery
of one of them.

it's off topic because i  can't imagine every selling my
babies--ahem--cameras and lenses.

thanks!

-rei

--