Subject: [Leica] New TriX
From: MEB at GoodPhotos.com (Michael E. Berube)
Date: Fri Apr 9 18:38:56 2004

Does anyone have a favourite formulation for the new TriX? How does it look in
Rodinal Mark?

My local most trusted B&W lab guy hates the new TriX with a passion (he prefers
Bergger and HP5) and indeed all of the new TriX rolls that I've seen from his
lab have the tonality of lith film. He's using D76 for TriX but I know not at
what time/temp. I do not want to send him the film if he isn't having a good
time with it so it looks like I'll be processing silver again for my fun
shooting (then having it scanned and print via Epson or Frontier.

I have been out of the B&W darkroom for about a decade.
I got 20 rolls of the new TriX to push through my Leicas at a really nice price
but don't want to waste them all in experimenting so I'd love a jumping off
point if someone is using the new emulsion with a custom ISO rating, a
favourite developer or a custom time/temp/agitation choice and is liking the
results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael Eric Berube