Subject: [Leica] new photos
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun Apr 4 12:20:48 2004

on 4/3/04 4:36 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@mac.com wrote:

> On 4/3/04 <telyt@earthlink.net (Doug Herr)> thoughtfully wrote:
>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/tuvu00.jpg
>
> How close were you when you shot that vulture? Pretty close I'd have to think.
> Did you need a blind or did you just approach very slowly?

Adam, I don't recall how close I was, but FWIW this was essentially full
frame.  I cropped only a bit off the top.  I approached slowly on foot.
Some individuals will tolerate this better than others.

Many on the LUG will recall my Ring-necked Pheasant photo a few weeks ago...
one of the hen pheasants has recognized me as the source of birdseed and now
comes running when I'm in the yard.  Yesterday evening I had the wrong lens
(400 Telyt) when the pheasant spotted me.  Should have had the 100 :-).  I
tossed some seed in her direction and she came within 4 feet to feed.  Some
of the seed was bouncing off her back and she didn't seem to notice.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com