Subject: [Leica] 35 Summilux...
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Apr 4 09:17:47 2004

also an owner of both versions, these demonstrate the differences of
"fingerprint" or style of the lens, from state-of-the-art 1961 to
state-of-the-art 30 years later.

although the 61 has the bad rap for quality wide open, i took some
photos of my daughter several years ago and i was really surprised
at the sharpness.

i tend to think i would agree with dan's advice about sticking with
the one you brung.  (although both of us have both?)

-rei