Subject: [Leica] Grits
From: daniel_ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Apr 4 08:42:11 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 SonC@aol.com wrote:

> A man in the land of ludefiske, and he complains about  Grits! ;-D

No no no ... Oddly enough, I _like_ grits. Served with butter, salt and
black-pepper. _Nathan_ didn't like them.

Now the African traditional beer that is related to grits ... I'll pass on
it. It's not made from maize but sorghum (spelling?).

> If you had had my grits last night; creamy,  cheesy with just enough  red
> pepper (Louisiana, you'll remember) and a side of soft boiled eggs, you'd  change
> your tune to "Dixie." and gobble up them grits.

Red pepper, I'll have to try that :)

My mother is coming over in about 3 weeks. Suddenly I remember it's time
to send my shopping list: Chocolate chips, ... and now grits :)

Now lutfisk ... there's not much to dislike about it. It is totally void
of flavor (and nutrition). I'm not real sure why it is eaten.

But the real treat, I heard (and eaten once, only once) is the Icelandic
shark. It's a real kicker.

Daniel