Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: luc at forcemajeure.qc.ca (Luc Bourgeois)
Date: Fri Apr 2 22:53:00 2004

Obviously Ted, your M7 shutters were forced by some gorillas at the TSA.

I didn't keep the notice they leave in my bag every other trip or so,
but yours mentioned they weren't responsible for lock damage, I'm
assuming that's suitcase lock damage, not M7 shutter lock(!)

Maybe they can cover the repair costs? Or are they allowed to break at
will?

I usually keep my cameras with me although I've stowed an M6 in bubble
wrap once.

And now, as you know, the stowed luggage X-ray machines are too
powerful and will fog any or most films. Film has to be hand carried
(and that's a pain when there's lots of it).

Hoping those M7s get well fast, safe travels,

Luc

On Samedi, avril 3, 2004, at 01:26  AM, Ted Grant wrote (and a bit
more):