Subject: [Leica] Kodak, now Alfredo
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Apr 1 07:04:03 2004

Alfredo moved back to New Orleans from Argentina several years ago.  Last time I talked to him he was working part time for as an exotic car mechanic in Kenner.

As far as the antique Leicas, the Afrika Korps one was I believe authentic, as well as several other war-time Leicas.

BTW, I don't think swastikas were commonly on even military cameras.  Some privately owned cameras were so engraved.)

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Alfredo was replicating wartime cameras. He had an extensive collection of Leica that he kept in a case in the middle of the store.

Sonny

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Kodak, now Alfredo)