Subject: [Leica] Leica digital M lenses - really!
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Thu Apr 1 05:36:53 2004

I just got an email from my friend in Japan. It seems Leica is already
starting to make digital M lenses. He was in Japan Camera where a Leica rep
had some plans for digital M lenses. The photos included a 16/2.8, 24/2.8,
and a 60/2. Also they were talking about a soon to be released 6mp digital M
followed by the FULL FRAME 10mp M to be released in 2006. I guess Leica is
going to try to compete with the Epon RD-1 soon!

Both cameras will take SD cards, SanDisk confirms a 6gb card with 90x write
speed. Cost around $399 in 2005.

My friend is supposed to email me back later with more news. He had heard
more on the Leica Digital R. Very, very cool!!

Here's some of the designs for lenses:

http://www.zoeicaimages.com/html/leicam_jp_org.html

Chris
New Orleans