Subject: [Leica] Kodak B&W 400 film
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 07:01:39 2004

<<In a message dated 03/31/2004 9:15:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:
Leicajay described everyone who works in 'non-pro' photo processing
places as....

(i.e. some pierced/tattooed snotnose this-is-just-a-job
type running the machine) to print on color paper and have it look like
B&W.
----

Well, Jay, now that you've maligned my two older kids, both of whom
worked in such labs during high school, and both of whom are now earning
their livings in photography - one as a magazine staff photographer
about to be named associate editor, and one as a master black and white
printer, doing working for - among others - several Magnum photographers
- who would you like to slime next with your broad brush? :-)>>

Congratulations BD you're today's inductee into the Voluntary Indignant
Society, the elite group that labors to find insult where none was intended.  Quite
obviously to anyone other than a VIS member, your kids are clearly not in the
group of whom I was speaking.  But we've all been to WalMart or Walgreens or
(fill in the name) and know there are plenty of lackadazical clockwatching
pinheads working the minilabs.    They don't all have parents like yourself who
by example instill in them an admirable work ethic.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Kodak B&W 400 film)
Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Kodak B&W 400 film)