Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW - Adam's Week 13
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Mar 28 10:09:35 2004

Adam:

>Here's my PAW photo for this week. It was actually shot back on the 11th of
>March in Tempe at a little park along the Salt River? I wasn't sure how long the
>light was going to last so I was rushing as fast as my poor knees would take me,
>down to the waterfront. I stopped before I got to the water and shot this.
>
>A great huge thunderstorm was blowing around to the north but the light was
>streaming in under the clouds.
>
><http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004PAW/Wk13-Thunderstorm-TempeAZ.jpg>

Fantastic light!

A lot of people (not here on the LUG, of course) may remark about how lucky
you got in finding the light.  But knowing where to go during the short time
that the light was right and being able to deliver is what makes some people
more "lucky" than others.  :)

Your story of running to the waterfront reminds me of Galen Rowell talking
about how he got one of his shots with a rainbow and light striking a city
just perfectly.  He saw what was developing and jogged 3 miles to where he
knew the perfect vantage point would be.  You get a lot more luck when you
make your own.  :)

Eric

Message from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] PAW - Adam's Week 13)