Subject: [Leica] M7 Digital (real one!! :-) ) in LFI
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (TED GRANT)
Date: Sat Mar 27 08:35:08 2004

Hi B.D.,

The viewing screen is a distraction for anyone who's a serious shooter if you stop and look at the damn thing eveytime one makes an exposure. it's OK for the amateur player but it's nothing more than a waste of time to shoot & look.

Yep it's fun at the first few times playing, but when one get's serious as though using a film camera to hell with lookin at the screen every frame.

What I do with the new Digilux 2 is I rarely look once I'm on a roll in the same manner if film and eventually when there's a break I take a very quick look, dump the junk and get back to shooting as it should be.

If one uses it as an edit function to make more room that's fine but you don't do it after each frame other wise you waste an incredible amount of time.

As for a new M7 type digital? Well OK sometime in this century when it's a reality we'll dicuss it, other wise all comments are null and void until we all on the LUG have one in hand and have made it work.
ted

----- Original
Message -----