Subject: [Leica] m4-p rangefinder adjustment / realignment in Chicago?
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 10:46:52 2004

My employer, Collins Radio used to do it all the time on their Amateur
line.  It is done today all the time  when parts are not available or parts
have gone out of production.  This is very common in industry.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Leicajay@aol.com                             |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           03/26/2004 11:25 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       lug@leica-users.org                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] m4-p rangefinder adjustment / realignment in Chicago?       |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

In a message dated 03/26/2004 10:36:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
telyt@earthlink.net writes:
There are changes to virtually every product during production runs, not
just
at Leica.
That's true but instances of "using up" parts from old models on the early
runs of new ones, and substituting parts destined for new models on the
last
runs of old ones, is a very "Leica" thing.  Probably more other brands
would have
done it too had their successor models been as little changed from the
predecessors as Leica's.  One instance I do recall is that late Nikon F's
were
fitted with the advance lever and selftimer of the F2.