Subject: [Leica] VF Upgrade to my M6TTL
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 12:44:22 2004

In a message dated 03/25/2004 3:06:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbcollier@shaw.ca writes:
The only reason to upgrade the viewfinder is to get rid of the annoying
secondary image flare/white out. If it is not bothering you, then why
bother updating the finder?

John Collier

On Mar 24, 2004, at 10:32 PM, mehrdad wrote:

> How do you check to see if your M7 has the mp finder? Any clues?
On an M6 I'd agree because they never had the upgrade.  On an M7 thanks to
Leica's--dare I say greed?--the early ones where they were using up M6TTL parts
(oh, no, the M6TTL will "stay in the line" said they) are now stigmatized
since the remainder of M7's have the MP finder.  I never had the "flare" problem
bother me, but I had my M7's upgraded so that they would be competitive with
other second-hand M7's when I go to sell them.  Just the opposite situation with
the MP, where the very early production are now selling for a premium as
"collectible" *because* Leica was using up M6 parts (ISO dial)...however had the
new ISO dial been a classier design instead of a cheapened one, it would be the
same situation as with the M7.

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] VF Upgrade to my M6TTL)