Subject: [Leica] Re: TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:39:42 -0600

Eric:

>How about something more like the Bogen 3021 Pro series?

I've had a Bogen 3001 for several years, and I'm happy with it.  I checked
B&H's website, and they no longer sell the plain 3001.  There weren't
different types of each of the models when I bought mine.  If I were buying
again, I'd go with the 3001 professional...just because it says you can
mount the center column horizontally, and that would come in useful.  :)

Should be able to pick up a pair of legs for around $100 and a good head for
another $100, so your $200 budget seems more than adequate.

- --
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.)